New challenges and new rewards await…
Strange new Yggretes are reported to be appearing on the bodies of some of the greatest challenges on Vana’diel! As it turns out, these strange shards have bizarre characteristics, and when properly applied, can unlock fantastic new properties on all manner of weapons and armors. So strap on your armor, cinch up your subligar, and find some friends; there are fiends that need killin’!
Shards drop from the following:
Kirin: Alizarin Yggrete Shard I
Jailer of Love: Alizarin Yggrete Shard II
Dark Ixion: Alizarin Yggrete Shard III Bubbling Bernie: Phlox Yggrete Shard III
Sarameya: Alizarin Yggrete Shard IV Tyger: Phlox Yggrete Shard IV Tinnin: Russet Yggrete Shard IV
Tiamat: Alizarin Yggrete Shard V Jormungand: Phlox Yggrete Shard V Vrtra: Russet Yggrete Shard V
All of the shards for each stage must be acquired to progress.
For Tier 1 you must obtain one shard: an Alizarin Yggrete Shard I from Kirin to complete the first stage.
For Tier 4 you must obtain three shards total: an Alizarin Yggrete Shard IV (Sarameya), Phlox Yggrete Shard IV (Tyger), and Russet Yggrete Shard IV (Tinnin).
Collecting the appropriate shards from each stage will allow you to increase the power of your augment. For a list of augments, and which slots they may be applied to, please click here!
Glavoid Shell has been added as a potential drop to NQ Kings and Chloris Bud has been added as potential drops to HQ kings, Cerberus, and Khimara.
Exchanging 3 of each to Guillaulmilian will net you an Alizarin Yggrete Shard I or II!
1. Each stage must be completed in order
2. Only one augment per item
3. Weapon augments may only be applied to weapons you can equip in the "Main" slot
4. Augments may not be exchanged once a path is chosen, though you may start over on a different path
5. When you are ready to claim your augment, you must put in a ticket, please do not ask GMs directly in game
6. Please be respectful of your fellow players and only lot fragments for the stage you are currently working on